Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Another nut bag makes up stories to avoid a Wedding

Whatever happened to just breaking up? Breaking up sucks but it sure beats lying, pretending a crime happened to you, etc. I hope these women realize they only make it harder for real victims, especially those who are victims of a sexual crime.

Jittery Bride-To-Be Says She's A Victim, Not A Liar
Police Plan To Prosecute

SAN ANTONIO -- A 20-year-old San Antonio woman says she was not suffering from pre-wedding jitters when she called police Friday to report a home invasion and attempted sexual assault at a home on the West Side.

Police said the woman later admitted to investigators that she made up the story because she was nervous about her upcoming wedding.

But the woman told KSAT 12 News that the incident did happen and that she is a victim of a serious crime.

"Two people came in, invaded my privacy and assaulted me," said the woman, who does not want to be identified.

"All my statements I gave to police were true. I read my statements, signed it, and I didn't lie to them. I told them the truth," she said.

But San Antonio Police said the woman was not a victim of a crime, but was a nervous bride-to-be.

"What we have here is someone trying to cover up one thing and calling police and trying to get us to assist them, and that's not how we work," said SAPD spokesman Joe Rios.

The woman said she did not lie to police.

"I don't lie and I have dignity," she said. "I'm not a liar. If anything, they lied to me."

The man police initially arrested in connection with the reported home invasion told KSAT 12 News that the woman made up the entire incident.

"None of that happened," said Kevin Rowland. "She says I broke through the door, but she let me in through the front door."

The woman said she is sticking to her story.

"I told them the truth," she said. "I want to get married and I have no jitters or anything."

Police are planning to forward the case to the Bexar County District Attorney's Office for prosecution, Rios said.

If the woman is found guilty in a trial for filing a false police report, she could get a year in jail and a fine of up to $4,000.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home